Friday, October 23, 2009

The Trip starts in Los Angeles

As I couldn't post to my blog while I was away....(so frustrating!!!)I'm going to share some of the images with you now. I took 4113 photos...(gotta love digital!!) and I'm beginning the slow process of winnowing out the blurry, the just plain black and the many shots of dashboards I seemed to have taken on my travels!
I arrived in to LA to find the Encounter Restaurant at the airport being worked on. This is such an iconic sight ...so LA...they serve great martinis! As I drove up Mulholland Highway I met this unlikely vehicle coming my way.....what could it possibly have been plowing???

Even though I was in the midst of Los Angeles, there are many canyons where you can hardly believe you're in a big city...especially this one!








I dipped my toes in to the Pacific Ocean at Santa Monica beach...a little chilly...and I plan on dipping the same toes in to the Pacific from the other side......








No comments: