Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Canada Beading Supply bead challenge

I belong to a group called Out of the Box in Ottawa.  We were given a challenge to create something using 75% of the materials given us from the Canada beading Supply


I chose turquoise and yellow silk along with turquoise and aqua beads

 I started by painting a piece of polyester cloth with aquarelle pencil crayons and after staring at the cloth for a long long time I found a dragon.  Much to my dismay, as I was embroidering his scales and ruff, I realised that the crappy piece of fabric wasn't going to cut it in the finished product.
So I cut out the dragon...it wasn't pretty...all those tips and toe nails!!! 

I have a wonderful scarf that I cut up to become the background for my dragon.  I will NEVER make the mistake of starting something on a less then appropriate piece of cloth!

No comments: