Monday, July 28, 2008

Jack Pine

I've been thinking about Algonquin Park lately...I'm heading up near there this weekend and SO looking forward to it!!http://www.algonquinpark.on.ca/index.html
It's a huge wilderness area with canoeing and camping and abundant wildlife and TREES. I love trees. I have favourite trees all over the world. The tree that most evokes Ontario for me is the Jack Pine. Tom Thompson has explored Algonquin park and the Jack Pine with enormous success; creating priceless paintings as one of the Group of Seven.
I would like to present my humble attempt at a Jack Pine in needle felting. I will take you step by step through my process from my first inkling of an idea to the finished product. Today I'm starting with the rough idea and sketch.
First I do a very rough drawing of what I would like to do.


Then I simplify, simplify simplify.

stay tuned.......

No comments: