Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Bill's tree

I've been working on a project for my friend Bill. He has a favourite tree, actually 2 favourite trees. Tree # 4503 in the TierGarten in Berlin and another here in the Experimental Farm in Ottawa. They are both oak trees...massive and majestic...lording it over their lesser counterparts. My idea is to take a photo of the tree in each season. (Sadly...I'm not able to take pictures of the oak in Berlin! I wish I had thought of it while I was there!) So far I have Winter, Spring and Summer. I was lucky this year as I got to take a picture of summer before I leave for Toronto and my new job. It is truly amazing how quickly the seasons pass. I'm not sure how many seasons this mighty oak has endured...it's a grandaddy of a tree.



Now I have a perfect excuse for getting back to Ottawa in the autumn!

No comments: