Friday, July 4, 2008

http://www.panoramio.com/places/

I was doing a bit of surfing on the net when I discovered this amazing website called Panoramio.
You see a google earth satellite image with photos superimposed on it that people have taken in that area. I found this site by chance while searching for an apartment in Toronto...when I wanted to see the location on a google map, these little photos sprang up too...showing me a picture of the street I was focused on! You click on the photo to enlarge it. You see who took the photo as well. I noticed it's been around for a couple of years with way more then a million photos that people have uploaded. I've now joined and can upload images I've taken around the world (like I need MORE fun yet distracting things to do!) The site will automatically place the photos where they are in the world. Pretty cool stuff!
I've gone one step further and added a "Photo Finder Widget" to this blog...a smaller version of panoramio...try it out!

No comments: